Thursday, June 16, 2005

It Will All Wash Out

Our washing machine had a temper tantrum yesterday, and then well it conked out. I was quite agitated for a while, but then I got over it. The thing is this hasn’t been the first time, and it’s only a couple years old. It’s one of the new energy efficient front loaders. I guess they just don’t make washing machines the way that they used to. Then there’s the story of trying to get a repairman in. I might as well, pull out my hair, for all the good it does. It’s still on warranty and for goodness sakes it takes forever just to get someone to come out and look at it. Then if I’m really lucky he’ll have the part in his truck. I’m really hoping this will be the case, as I don’t particularly care for the alternative.
But since I always try to remain positive, and I’m always looking for the silver lining, here’s the silver lining. I won’t have to do laundry for the next few days. But that laundry will pile up…so well you can see where that leads. Piled up laundry. Oh, happy joy.
Now, let’s see…the writing is coming along quite nicely. I haven’t had any groundbreaking news, but I’m still thinking positive thoughts. The website is…well…I’ll get back to updating it soon. I tend to put those sorts of things off, and opt to write instead. I mean who needs the bother? Ha. Ha. No, seriously, I will get back to it. Those excerpts are calling to me. Especially the three new ones that I need to add. Their screams are the loudest. I’ll be deaf soon, if they keep it up. I think I’ll go find some earplugs.

Sprinkling some faerie dust your way,
Marly

No comments: